Since the time Arya has started eating solid foods, I have made it a point to add new food everyday in her diet so that she can be exposed to all types of food. It is a time consuming process for sure,with taking care of the baby and also experimenting new recipes. It requires a certain level of dedication from us mom’s. But brands like @fructus_terra make it so easy to try new food for our baby which are not only delicious but also full of nutrients and super healthy.
Ragi ( Nachni ) & Oats are two powerhouse of nutrients and are also super foods since they are both rich in Calcium,Iron and high in fibre. I wanted Arya to try them, enter the Ragi and Oats organic ( Instant Mix ) by @fructus_terra .
You can use this mix for both sweet and savory dishes. I used it to make Cheelas for Arya and she loved them. It was a quick yet fun and delicious breakfast for her. The mix is super easy to use and can be stored for a long time. Saves you the hassle of mixing and grinding these grains yourself ( who has the time for that )
Ragi and Oats Cheela (Ingredients and Directions):
- 2-3 Tbsp of Ragi and Oats Mix from Fructus Terra.
- Half finely diced onion.
- Chopped corriander.
- Salt to taste.
- Pinch of red chilli powder ( only if your baby prefers it )
- Take a bowl and all the above-mentioned ingredients.
- Add water to the mix till you have achieved the desired consistency for Cheelas.
- Heat a Tawa, add some ghee.
- Pour the mixture and cook evenly on both sides.
- Serve with homemade green chutney or yogurt.
- Watch you baby eat a healthy meal.
Fun fact – They tasted so good that Mr Husband asked me to make some for him as well.
It’s a complete balanced meal not only for your baby but for your entire family.
Recipe submitted by