Its a healthy twist in traditional Idiyappam
For Violet Color:
- Soak jambu ( black plump/ Jambul / Black jambul/ Indian blackberry etc)
- De seed them carefully.
- Blend the pulp in the blender by adding 2-3 spoons if wastewater and pinch of salt.
- Strain the pulp and keep aside ( use immediately )
For Idiyappam :
- 2 ½ cups roasted rice flour ( You can roast at home )
- 1 cups salted boiling water( use as per need)
- 2 spoon @fructus_terra Sprouted Organic Ragi flour.
- Place rice flour and ragi flour in a heat proof bowl.
- Add the violet pulp and mix well Add warm water little by little and stir with a spoon. Mix you smooth dough when warm ( maybe warm be careful)
- Brush the idiyappam steamer or idli steamer lightly with oil.
- Fill the greased idiyappam press with the dough, and close with a lid.
- Press into noodles onto the greased idli steamer molds.
- Place the idli molds in the steamer.
- Close with lid. Steam for 5- 6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat. Leave the steamer to cool slightly before opening the lid.
- Serve warm but if your sending your child for tiffin add little ghee and pack in foil paper.
- I wanted to make it as a Bird’s nest with egg and sparrows.
- For nest place the idiyappam like nest close to each other.
- For egg make roll cheese or paneer ( I used cheese @britanniacheese ) into a round shape aded herbs to it and rolled.
For making it more colorful you can add @cadburydairymilkin Gems.
For sparrow, I used sparrow cookie mold and cut paneer using it and sprinkles chat masala; Sprinkle it with chocolate flakes.
Enjoy the nest with a pure veg egg.
Recipe submitted by